Community Outreach Volunteer (COV)
The role of the COVs is outlined below. If you would like any further information please contact:
Laura Elliot, Outreach Manager
t: 020 8321 6300 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To support The Mulberry Centre by delivering leaflets and other printed information to designated locations within the local community. The intention behind this is to raise awareness within the local community of the existence of and the support services provided by The Mulberry Centre. You will be allocated a ‘patch’ that is convenient for you to visit.
To distribute printed information about The Mulberry Centre to designated venues, local to the volunteer
- Initial half day training.
- Visiting selected locations within ‘patch’ between 2 and 6 times a year.
- A knowledge of what TMC offers to people affected by cancer. You will be updated regularly by receiving the monthly TMC newsletter and other updates from the Outreach Manager.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Friendly and approachable.
- The ability to access the locations in your patch at least twice a year.
- The ability to record your activity and provide written evidence of what you have done.
All volunteers will be interviewed and if successful will receive an induction and on-going support while volunteering as a Community Outreach Volunteer. Your role will be reviewed on a quarterly basis.