London to Brighton Cycle Ride
Sunday 15th of September
Starts between 6.30 and 09.00am
We are delighted to announce that Matthew Wiltshire – Bowelbloke has put together a team of 10 riders who will be taking part in The London to Brighton and fundraising for The Mulberry Centre.
The iconic route covers 54 miles, starting in South London and finishing on Brighton seafront.
Once out of London the route takes you along quiet country lanes passing through Mitcham, Carshalton, Chipstead, Banstead and Haywards Heath before taking on the challenge that is Ditchling Beacon – a mile long climb to the top of the South Downs where you will be rewarded with amazing views and a water break!
- Free water stops – there will be water stops located frequently along the route, at mile 10, mile 17, at the lunch point at mile 30 and the top of the infamous Ditchling Beacon at mile 45.
- Fully signed post route – there’s no need to be looking at your map – our route is fully sign-posted so that you can keep your eyes on the road and enjoy the wonderful surrounding countryside!
- Free Buffet Lunch: takes place at 30 miles in the picturesque village of Turners Hill. You can eat as much as you like from delicious pastas to Carrot Cake.
- Pre-event support: call the friendly London to Brighton team who will be able to help you out with all of your questions including fundraising and training advice.
- Meet other cyclists ahead of the trip and if you’re on your own you will probably find other solo cyclists to cycle with! Our Facebook page is also a great place to gets lots of tips and advice on the ride from more experienced cyclists
You can read Matthew’s updated blog here.